My goodness your meat has me salivating😎

Water, lard, flour, salt and I think a little baking soda. Learnt it from My Paternal Grandmother. Honestly the poor thing could barely boil water when we started dating in college. It’s the darndest thing lots of rolling into little balls to rest. Then flip floping with the hands and plop on to a large round Lodge griddle, called a comal in Spanish. These tortillas are called gorditas or “little fattys” because they are the size of a corn tortilla, soft, fluffy.

She said lots of good recipes on the net but it’s the rolling, resting and hand manipulation you have to practice.

To be sure I never get these homemade but once in a blue moon now since all the kids are off to college and out on their own.

Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Ahem....Mr. FatCity......how does a person go about making a tortilla like that?

We make some yellow corn tortillas from scratch, but those look a lot different.

Anyway, we got our beef back from the butcher yesterday. Wife put about 3 months worth of store bought finishing pellets into him.

We like to use barley, but could not find any and we needed to change the flavor on this critter in a hurry. The butcher has a waiting list and you better be ready. Otherwise its usually several months out.

I pan fried a few of the rib steaks tonight. Very good flavor and nice and tender.

The steer was originally going to be a grass fat animal, but with the drought and nasty winter we decided to finish on grain.

[Linked Image]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."