W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by bluefish
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
In tx, even self defense shoots go in front of grand jury?

They use the broad definition of homicide doesn't matter if a legal killing or not?

I think homocide just means one person killing another. Legality is another matter entirely.

By definition homicide.is.the unlawful killing of one person by another thus, illegality is backed right in. The last shot will be the one that gets the guy in trouble, if at all. Typically, deployment and application of lethal force in defense of self or others ends as a legal shield when the threat ends. The State will argue to the grand jury that when the final shot was delivered the threat had already ended. He did light him up pretty good. The other side of it then would be a later defense where evidence may be introduced in the form of ME testimony demonstrating perp was either already dead or fatally wounded by time of last shot and would have died anyway. I hope he walks. As they say, FAFO.

Dude, at least read a dictionary or do a search, or something, if you're gonna correct people. C'mon, man.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
How many people have been killed by someone "playing dead"?

Hard to second guess the guy.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Valid point about survival instincts, but not a valid point about "who knows if .." That's not justification for lethal force in the law of any state. Best go with the former than the latter.

I feared for my life because it appeared he may be moving for another weapon with the intent to do me harm so I continued to engage until I was sure I was safe.

Me

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by WMR

They use the broad definition of homicide doesn't matter if a legal killing or not?

I think homocide just means one person killing another. Legality is another matter entirely.

By definition homicide.is.the unlawful killing of one person by another thus, illegality is backed right in. The last shot will be the one that gets the guy in trouble, if at all. Typically, deployment and application of lethal force in defense of self or others ends as a legal shield when the threat ends. The State will argue to the grand jury that when the final shot was delivered the threat had already ended. He did light him up pretty good. The other side of it then would be a later defense where evidence may be introduced in the form of ME testimony demonstrating perp was either already dead or fatally wounded by time of last shot and would have died anyway. I hope he walks. As they say, FAFO.

Dude, at least read a dictionary or do a search, or something, if you're gonna correct people. C'mon, man.

I direct you to Texas Penal Code Title 2 chapters 8 and 19 where Homicide is defined and defenses are outlined. Texas DA will send to grand jury and present evidence that the shooting was a homicide. However, I think there is too much evidence of justifiable homicide to sustain the grand jury. It's a fairly uncomplicated legal analysis. Perhaps you might do a little reading as well before commenting.

The way life should be.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Teal
Valid point about survival instincts, but not a valid point about "who knows if .." That's not justification for lethal force in the law of any state. Best go with the former than the latter.

I feared for my life because I wasn't aware if he did or did not have another weapon with the intent to do me harm so I continued to engage until I was sure I was safe.

And then picked his pockets....divvied up the cash and went to the movies.

Probably should have stuck a finger up his bum and lit him on fire juuuuust to be sure.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I feared for my life because I wasn't aware if he did or did not have another weapon with the intent to do me harm so I continued to engage until I was sure I was safe.

Probably should have stuck a finger up his bum and lit him on fire juuuuust to be sure.

Was talking more generally rather than this specific instance. End of the day - each person makes a choice, lives with it.

Would I charge the guy if I was on the grand jury - nope because it's pretty clear dude died doing the crime. What happens to you in that crime - fair game. Bring out the Gimp as far as I'm concerned.

Me

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

There should be NOTHING wrong with anything he did. Just another day doing the right thing. After all WHO started the whole issue?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
You guys are all pretty riled up about it.

Makes me think that maybe you are worried.

Personally, I would have saved the bullet and just sawed his head off......to be sure.

Gunsmoke was about to start you know.....

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by 1minute
Sound like a clean shoot.

Some weenie will piss and moan about the coup de grace shot.

It's not pissing and moaning. There is no law that gives a man the right to execute another one, or laws that allow a coup de grace shot. Give me a break. He was dead anyway, or at least was no longer a threat. It was a pointless and incredibly stupid thing to do.
Damn. You had a box on him, reading vitals, to know he was dead. GMAFB.
There are too many that lean liberal around this website. Have been for years now. NBN started it. It got finished. Its the risk you take when you play those games.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by WMR

I direct you to Texas Penal Code Title 2 chapters 8 and 19 where Homicide is defined and defenses are outlined. Texas DA will send to grand jury and present evidence that the shooting was a homicide. However, I think there is too much evidence of justifiable homicide to sustain the grand jury. It's a fairly uncomplicated legal analysis. Perhaps you might do a little reading as well before commenting.

Had to edit. Was calling bf an ass. After rereading, I think I started the ass thing. Sorry 'bout that. My take on the definition of homicide was correct, though.

Last edited by WMR; 01/11/23.
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I feared for my life because it appeared he may be moving for another weapon with the intent to do me harm so I continued to engage until I was sure I was safe.
Perhaps, if there wasn't video showing otherwise.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Would I charge the guy if I was on the grand jury - nope because it's pretty clear dude died doing the crime. What happens to you in that crime - fair game. Bring out the Gimp as far as I'm concerned.
Same here. He'd get a no true bill from me, just on general principles. He's a bad guy stopped in the act, and I don't much care if the guy who stopped him technically went beyond his legal privileges during the encounter in the heat of the moment. In fact, as someone mentioned earlier, it would have been nice if the restaurant owner had "accidentally" erased the tape.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
If on the jury, I would only want to know: Did the diner shoot until the threat was neutralized?

+2 ...
+2 here also

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by nimblehunter
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
If on the jury, I would only want to know: Did the diner shoot until the threat was neutralized?

+2 ...
+2 here also
He did that, and beyond. It's the "and beyond" part that the grand jury might have difficulty with.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
His hand was moving to his waistband and I thought he had another weapon.

We can’t see the perp’s hand in the vid.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If I believed that they didn’t know who I was, I would NEVER turn myself in for that [bleep]! I absolutely predict that he WILL end up being charged, he WILL be sued by the niqqer’s family and he WILL be completely ruined by his righteous actions in the moment. I believe all of this because while he did America a huge favor, Amerika (America’s perverted sister), will come after him with an unholy vengeance. A shame, because he is a hero…

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn
Originally Posted by Dave_Spn

It's not pissing and moaning. There is no law that gives a man the right to execute another one, or laws that allow a coup de grace shot. Give me a break. He was dead anyway, or at least was no longer a threat. It was a pointless and incredibly stupid thing to do.

Then you can't murder a dead man!

That's why I said it was stupid. All it could do was possibly get him in trouble and give the gun grabbers a great piece of propaganda.

No problem with me, if the guy was already dead, it's no different than shooting a tin can. I'm sure your family sleeps well knowing you are their guardian.

You didn't do well in school did you Einstein?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by rost495

Damn. You had a box on him, reading vitals, to know he was dead. GMAFB.
There are too many that lean liberal around this website. Have been for years now. NBN started it. It got finished. Its the risk you take when you play those games.

He was no longer a threat. He kicked the toy gun away and shot him in the head.

The perp got what he deserved, but the shooter made some really bad decisions at the end of the ordeal.

Last edited by BuckHaggard; 01/11/23.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin
If I believed that they didn’t know who I was, I would NEVER turn myself in for that [bleep]! I absolutely predict that he WILL end up being charged, he WILL be sued by the niqqer’s family and he WILL be completely ruined by his righteous actions in the moment. I believe all of this because while he did America a huge favor, Amerika (America’s perverted sister), will come after him with an unholy vengeance. A shame, because he is a hero…
Agreed on all points.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by 700LH
Here is a video without the news commentary.
It's complete less the shooter taking the stolen money etc. out of the dead guys pockets to return it.

https://www.kaotic.com/video/24c295ea_20230108072321_t

LOVED the "coup de grace" smile

I watched this several times and it almost appears that the “coup de grace” shot may have been accidental.

Adrenaline was flowing I’m sure.

The bad guy should never have been on the street. In ‘15 he gets 15 years for murder, out in 6.

Assaults a woman whilst on parole, what the hell is parole for? Isn’t it to see if bad guys are gonna behave?

The state and parole board have liability here just as much as the guy with the real gun. He just cleaned up their mess.

Black Cows Matter!
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (5sdad, 673, 300_savage, 1minute, 35WhelenNut, 6mmCreedmoor, 13 invisible), 1,583 guests, and 937 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,863
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.