-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How did our ancestors survive without all of these pills?

I like the paleo-supplement diet. I only take vitamin pills and supplements that would have been found in the wild 50,000 years ago...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

I like the paleo-supplement diet. I only take vitamin pills and supplements that would have been found in the wild 50,000 years ago...

They ate right, just like the local farmers, which most passed in late 80s to 90s unless they got trapped in machinery.

I dont cook, and eat schit(Hoss's, Chili's, McDonalds, Taco Bell, KFC, local steak houses and small mom and pops)

and I smoke.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 4ager
In addition to the Mayo Clinic report, take a peek here: http://hub.jhu.edu/2013/12/17/vitamins-might-be-harmful

Eat well, eat right, and well balanced. Work out, and take care of yourself. That will go FAR further than some snake oil you get in a bottle or a pill.

I guess I don't understand the aversion to fish oil. People say "eat well" and that would include wild salmon and fish like sardines with lots of Omega 3's, several times a week. Not everyone can do that, and fish oil is just the concentrated stuff that's good for you from those fish.

So yes, eat right, exercise right, sleep right. But it's not an either/or proposition, why not take fish oil too?

Here's a good cheap source:

http://www.allstarhealth.com/de_p_r...ar2dnszk3frPdcTOGK9JDtTEhgc7RRoC6M_w_wcB

A wise man is frequently humbled.

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smokepole

Reviews on Amazon folks said they get the fish burps with it. Guess I could freeze em first, but someone did the math and said the oil I got was cheaper oil vs cap. But this brand does have a good amount of the good stuff. If thats in 2 pill serving 2 morning 2 night wouldnt be too bad. 2 months worth for 'round $20

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
If you want to lower the bad stuff in your blood just eat a handful of raw walnuts.
They do a very good job and in no way taste like fish bait,with or without peanut butter. grin

The walnuts can be found in the cooking isle at the store.
You can take them everywhere and they won't offend anyone but the almond growers. laugh

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I get the occasional fish burps but they don't bother me. Hell, I've burped up much worse than that, LOL!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by plainsman456
If you want to lower the bad stuff in your blood just eat a handful of raw walnuts.

I eat walnuts and almonds daily. Thing is though, the Omega 3's in those are ALA, not DHA/EPA. You really need DHA/EPA in your diet too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rem141r
eat a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, a salad for lunch, a peice of fruit or two during the day and some broiled chicken or lean red meat and lots of veg's for dinner. exercise 30-60 min a day doing cardio or weights and all your numbers will be fine and you will be a middle-aged stud like me who can outrun and out work people half my age.

or spend big bucks on magic pills that are made from polluted fish parts that were dragged off the processing floor and call it a day.

Dr. Rem
god u must be no fun at all...and ya didn't even say the word beer ...not one time...nada.... sad chit indeed ...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I take fish pills. I don't even remember why, but my doc said go for it. Hope it wasn't to improve memory.

I don't mind the fish burps. Rarely get them as far as I can recall. I probably don't even notice.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by hatari
Omega-3s have been proven to be a benefit. By your numbers, you need to talk to yout MD about some statins.
Are you operating under the long debunked myth that dietary cholesterol has an effect on blood cholesterol, or the long debunked myth that blood cholesterol has anything to do with cardiovascular disease, or a combination of the two? wink

Oh Gawd, here we go again. Would it help to mention that statins have cardio protect benefits that go beyond lowering Cholesterol? Probably not.
It has a generalized anti-inflammatory effect, which would benefit the heart, but then no anti-inflammatory would be needed absent a high starch diet to begin with, and then there are the harmful effects of statins to contend with, such as the suppression of co-q-10, and who knows what else.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by smokepole
All Omega 3's and all "Omega 3 eggs" are not created equal, so read the label and see how much DHA/EPA vs. ALA you're getting. According to this, some "Omega 3 eggs" are produced by feeding hens ground flaxseed, and have a lot more ALA than DHA, which is what you want:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...ice-or-marketing-gimmick/article4574714/
I'm speaking of hens that spend the day on a natural pasture, like mine do. Tests have shown that hens raised in this way reliably produce eggs with about .66 grams of Omega 3. That's triple the amount found in standard grocery story eggs. This is due to the consumption of natural wild foods such as bugs, grubs, seeds, and wild greens.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

There you go. cool

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I used the cheap fish oil pills until one day I opened a new Wallmart bottle that had spoiled. When I took it back I warned them not to open it indoors.

Was a long time before I wanted any fish of any kind.

Now I use MegaRed Krill oil with no problems except the cost.
So I have switched to MegaRed extra strength 500mg every other day and CoQ10 on the other days.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Id try the Megared, again, if there was actual proof that it is more efficient in deliver and strength. But from my reading, there just isnt enough proof for me. It definitely doesnt have near the EPA/DHA as the Carlsons I bought. I really wish there was significant proof about krill oil, cause the Megared was easy and no taste.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Vascepa-

Best out there. Rx only.

Better have good insurance.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I will have to look for the Carlsons stuff.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
I will have to look for the Carlsons stuff.

Something to look at, up to you. But I like saving money. Theres a website called Vitacost. They have their brand half the cost of Carlsons...give me a sec and ill see if I can find it.

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Heres the Vitacost brand. Lemon flavor only I think, but for 19.99 I think its a great deal, and if this Carlsons works out, im switching to it.

http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-liquid-finest-fish-oil-omega-3-dha-epa-lemon-16-9-fl-oz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

There you go. cool

most our ancestors died well before they were 50

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (1936M71, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 54 invisible), 2,653 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,312
Posts18,505,551
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.