Originally Posted by TBaker5390
Originally Posted by teal
Well you - or someone else obviously worked with her so she made a heck of a shot. Betting she remembers that for a lifetime!

Don't think I could make that shot right now - caliber be damned.

Met John at the wyoming 24hc gathering...he took 6-7 of us out and we were all hitting 600, 700 then 1100 yds...no issues...probably the same .243 in the vid.

Tom,
That was the same .243 Win you and the other guys shot at the gathering in Wyoming. Still seems to shoot OK. grin

Originally Posted by TannerGun
Jeeeezusss. I'm a believer. John what do you start the VLDs at?

TG,
3050fps.

Originally Posted by teal
Curious - what was the windage call? Sounded like it was blowing some but hard to say - microphone could be making it sound worse than it was.

Teal,
Where we were setup there was a left to right gusting to about 10mph. In the video you can see the wind in the notch was running the opposite (right to left) from the elks breath.

I figured she would need 2 MOA at the top and told her to hold right in the middle of the elk. If you listen to the wind it drops and the vapor from the elk�s breath drops down right before she shoots. Right before the shot we change to hold to right behind the shoulder and got about 1 MOA of left to right drift.

Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'd have used dots and a Core-lokt....
Nice

She was good enough to do it even with substandard equipment. laugh

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I have one question, did you do that with a fixed 6X scope???

grin grin

Originally Posted by Royce
John
Shame on you for using a 243 on elk- What would you have done if that young lady had had to take a long shot?? smile

Would have snuck closer. I had my camo on.

Originally Posted by AlabamaEd
[Little more than stunt shooting and certainly can't be called hunting by any means. Not something to be proud of.

Well I was proud of her. You have yourself a nice day, Ed. cool

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.