Originally Posted by Berettasdad
I always say- better to be lucky than good. By the way JM- what is the retained energy of a .243 slug at 700 yards? Is that VLD an actual hunting type bullet? Just becasue you can does not mena you should. You can kill an elk with a .22LR- does not mean you should. LRH should read LRS- Long Range Shooting. It aint hunting, and I maintain it is irresponsible. I get kind of tired of people reading the ammunition box and figuring that is the velocity/drop they are going to actually see. I also get kind of tired of hunters claiming their 12+ pound rifle is a 'hunting' rifle. Of course if your ATV or pick up or a gunbearer carries it what matter.

Why even bring up the "energy" bull [bleep]

inelastic collision
n.
A collision between two particles in which part of their kinetic energy is transformed to another form of energy. The total amount of energy remains the same.

inelastic collision (n-lstk)
Physics
A collision between bodies in which the total kinetic energy of the bodies is not conserved. In an inelastic collision, the total momentum of the two bodies remains the same, but some of the initial kinetic energy is transformed into heat energy internal to the bodies, used up in deforming the bodies, or radiated away in some other fashion. Inelastic collisions, such as the collision of two balls of clay, tend to result in the slowing and sometimes the joining together of the colliding bodies. Comapre elastic collision.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/inelastic+collision

elastic collision
n. Physics
A collision of particles in which the total kinetic energy of the particles is conserved

stic collision (-lstk)
Physics
A collision between bodies in which the total kinetic energy of the bodies is conserved. In a perfectly elastic collision, no energy is dissipated as heat energy internal to the bodies, and none is spent on permanently deforming the bodies or radiated away in some other fashion. Elastic collisions, such as the collision of a rubber ball on a hard surface, result in the reflection or "bouncing" of bodies away from each other. Comapre inelastic collision.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/elastic+collision

[Linked Image]

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first