What is starting to bother me about the campfire is all the negativity. Instead of being happy for a person taking her first elk, making a clean shot, and making a great shots, people have to ruin it by being negative. Nobody is perfect and as much as they think they are God's gift to hunting, I am sure everyone has made a poor decision, made a poor shot or taken a shot they shouldn't have. Regardless if it was a bird, a chuck, a deer, an elk. They are all animals, all have lives, all suffer if wounded. you can't say one life is worth more than another and be ethical. If you wanna talk ethics, all animals should be treated with respect. However I am sure many bashing this elk shot go out and try to prove how great they are shooting dogs, chucks, and the likes at hundreds of yards and don't worry about if they wound the animal or not. Then they come home get on here and bash someone for doing the same shooting but at a bigger target. both targets are animals and both should be respected, apparently they are treated differently. Guess ethics go out the window there.

If I had the money, I wouldn't pay for JB's rifles, because I can set one up similar for less. However if I did, it would be out of convenience. His systems seem to be awesome and accurate. Good for him, the vid shows what can be done with a capable shooter who is confident that has a rifle that is set up properly. To him I say a job well done for a wonderful rifle build. To the gal I say great shot. Not one I would have wanted to take, but glad it worked out well and for having confidence in the tool you were using. I am not going to bash him or her, no need to. But I will congratulate them on a successful hunt.

Too much hating going on around here. What ever happened to disagreeing but still being happy for someone? So much hatred around here that I am starting to believe people are getting mad that they are proved wrong that a 243 can kill an elk and that a girl can shoot better than them. Again a shot I wouldn't have taken with a 243, but more power to her if she felt she could and if she felt the round had enough to cleanly kill the elk.
People also get into precision. I bet most hunters can shoot a 243 better than a 300 win mag or a 30-06. Less recoil, less flinch, less fear. They don't worry about the kick, only making the shot. With a 243 one can make a better shot because of it. I would bet that more people would be more accurate with that 243 than a 7RM, 300WM, 30-06, even 270. Being sure the shot is perfect makes the shot better aswell. I bet most people think to themselves "I have a big round, so if I make a less than perfect shot that is ok because I have the extra power" With a smaller round you can't say that and have to think a perfect shot every time which is what people should say with their manly monster guns too.

I don't have a dog in this, I just get bothered by people who think they are perfect and can't just be happy for a person having success.

Kique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1